Today’s special guest is Michael Ashley, Owner and Creative Content specialist at Ink Wordsmith. Mr. Ashley is also a speaker and co-author of “Own the A.I. Revolution: Unlock Your Artificial Intelligence Strategy to Disrupt Your Competition.” SAFFIRE LEGAL PC’s founder and principal attorney Teresa McQueen talks with Mr. Ashley about his views artificial intelligence and its impact on the workforce of the future. This engaging conversation delves deep into Mr. Ashley’s theories of how artificial intelligence may impact existing jobs while increasing our quality of life and improving certain professions.
Workplace Perspective is a regular podcast series for employers and employees focusing on education, training, and the law to help organizations of all sizes develop and maintain successful employer / employee relationships.
“AI poses an opportunity for us to be more human than we’ve been before.” – Michael Ashley
Highlights From This Week’s Workplace Perspective:
- “AI is any task or activity completed by a program or a machine that if a human being did the same thing we would say it requires intelligence to complete it.” Michael Ashley
- Andrew Yang – author of “The War on Normal People” – states that:
“The media and the public need to be talking about artificial intelligence and the possible threats of automation more. We have some understanding that AI is coming for blue collar jobs – truck driver is raised a lot – but what people don’t realize is that it is also coming for white collar jobs.”
- Amazing new technology called AI Writer aggregates content on the web to help write blogs. Mr. Ashley discusses how this can be considered plagiarism since the person who publishes the blog post just copies and pastes it. But also considers how far is that from original AI content.
- Author Kai-Fu Lee in his book “AI Superpowers: China, Silicon Valley, and the New World Order” speaks about what AI does for you. In a sense we do have superpowers when we use artificial intelligence. We – in essence – merge with AI to become bigger or greater than we are right now.
- The ethics of artificial intelligence: How super intelligence is achievable through AI. We are able to behave and think in ways beyond how we can think now. What happens when everyone has the capability, but there are some that won’t have access. Do they get left behind?
Michael Ashley’s Tips for Employers and Employees
- We need to begin to see the humanity in other people.
- We need to find value in other people more than just how much money they can earn us.
- If we recognize that automation is coming for most jobs how do we begin to relate to each other? Will we begin to relate in a way that we should have been doing all along which was to be kind to one another because they’re a living creature.
- We need to have more awareness about artificial intelligence and more public discussion about the future.
- Artificial intelligence can’t do what people can do which is to integrate information.
- Artificial is exactly what humanity needs in this moment. It is a catalyst for us to change how we relate to each other.
Thank You To:
Material Mentioned in the Episode:
Special Thanks To…
(Engineer/Associate Producer Extraordinaire!)
Michele Hardy de Boisblanc
(Associate Producer Extraordinaire!)
(Composer Extraordinaire! Today’s episode features the song Grifter)
James Bohannan & The Knave At Knight
(DJs & “Radio Angels” Extraordinaire!)
Thank you for listening!
Don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE to the show (using the links above or below) to receive new episodes on your podcast player the second and fourth Wednesday of every month.
Raise The Bar At Workplaces Everywhere! by getting the word out about this podcast. Rate and review this show at Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher Radio, Google Play, Blubrry and Tunein and be sure to share this podcast with a friend.
Connect with us and reach out with any questions/concerns:
This podcast is for informational, educational, and entertainment purposes only. It is not to be construed as legal advice specific to your circumstances. If you need help with any legal matters, be sure to consult with an attorney regarding your specific needs.
© 2018 SAFFIRE LEGAL, PC. Workplace Perspective Raising the Bar at Workplaces Everywhere!® and copyrights are proprietary. All Rights Reserved.