Today’s guest is Rob Wilson, President of Employco USA . SAFFIRE LEGAL PC’s founder and principal attorney Teresa McQueen talks with Rob about his thoughts on the true cost of providing paid Paternity leave. Rob will discuss his perspective – based on the findings of a Danish research project – on how businesses can actually increase retention and recruitment through paid paternity related leave.
This show also offers a brief comment on the emerging COVID-19 pandemic as it continues to spread across the nation impacting our personal lives as well as our workplace relationships.
Workplace Perspective is a regular podcast series for employers and employees focusing on education, training, and the law to help organizations of all sizes develop and maintain successful employer / employee relationships.
“76% of men who take paid paternity leave return to work within 1 week.” – Rob Wilson
Highlights From This Week’s Workplace Perspective:
- According to Rob Wilson, workplace culture heavily influences when/if men take paternity leave.
- The overall goal in pushing for paid paternity leave is the desire to provide parents the opportunity to become involved in their children’s lives from the earliest possible moment.
- Positive impacts of improved recruitment and retention outweigh the perceived negative impacts associated with alleged financial burdens and downturns in productivity due to paid leave.
- More and more large employers such as Starbucks, General Mills, and Lowe’s Hardware, are taking the initiative and providing paid parental leave.
Rob’s Tips for Those Interested In Increasing Paid Parental Leave
- Advocate within your organization by bringing the issue of paid parental leave to the attention of top management or your Human Resources Team.
- Contact your state and federal representative and encourage them to bring attention to the issue.
- Join a local, state or national organization and lend your voice!
Thank You To:
(Engineer/Associate Producer Extraordinaire!)
(Associate Producer Extraordinaire!)
(Composer Extraordinaire! Today’s episode features the song Grifter)
James Bohannan & The Knave At Knight
(DJs & “Radio Angels” Extraordinaire!)
Thank you for listening!
Don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE to the show (using the links above or below) to receive new episodes on your podcast player the second and fourth Wednesday of every month.
Raise The Bar At Workplaces Everywhere! by getting the word out about this podcast. Rate and review this show at Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher Radio, Google Play, Blubrry and Tunein and be sure to share this podcast with a friend.
Connect with us and reach out with any questions/concerns:
This podcast is for informational, educational, and entertainment purposes only. It is not to be construed as legal advice specific to your circumstances. If you need help with any legal matters, be sure to consult with an attorney regarding your specific needs.
© 2020 SAFFIRE LEGAL, PC. Workplace Perspective Raising the Bar at Workplaces Everywhere!® and copyrights are proprietary. All Rights Reserved.