Today’s guest is Life Coach Julie McCoy. SAFFIRE LEGAL PC’s founder and principal attorney Teresa McQueen talks with Julie about how to silence our inner Saboteur – that little voice in our head that touts self-doubt and fear. Listen in as Julie provides some valuable insight into how to evict (or at least muzzle) that inner critic and reach your full potential in the year to come!
Workplace Perspective is a regular podcast series for employers and employees focusing on education, training, and the law to help organizations of all sizes develop and maintain successful employer / employee relationships.
“The bigger the goal, the louder the [Saboteur] voice.” – Julie McCoy
Highlights From This Week’s Workplace Perspective:
- The inner critic can be a positive force for improvement, but the Saboteur’s voices is always going to try to trip us up.
- The main thing that characterizes the voice of the Saboteur [is that] the Saboteur is a liar.
- You’ll never win an argument with the Saboteur, but you have within you positive voices that can talk back and help silence the inner critic’s monologue.
Julie’s Tips for Employers and Employees
- Recognizing that the Saboteur is never going to fall silent is one of the first steps to turning down its volume.
- Confront the Saboteur head-on and identify its message. Once you identify the message you can figure out what parts are true and which parts are false. Work with what’s true and turn up the volume; lessening the impact of the Saboteur’s false message.
- Identify and work to bring forward the positive voices. Focus on the voice of positivity when the Saboteur raises its voice and tries to step to the front.
Thank You To:
Special Thanks To…
(Engineer/Associate Producer Extraordinaire!)
(Associate Producer Extraordinaire!)
(Composer Extraordinaire! Today’s episode features the song Grifter)
James Bohannan & The Knave At Knight
(DJs & “Radio Angels” Extraordinaire!)
Thank you for listening!
Don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE to the show (using the links above or below) to receive new episodes on your podcast player the second and fourth Wednesday of every month.
Raise The Bar At Workplaces Everywhere! by getting the word out about this podcast. Rate and review this show at Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher Radio, Google Play, Blubrry and Tunein and be sure to share this podcast with a friend.
Connect with us and reach out with any questions/concerns:
This podcast is for informational, educational, and entertainment purposes only. It is not to be construed as legal advice specific to your circumstances. If you need help with any legal matters, be sure to consult with an attorney regarding your specific needs.
© 2020 SAFFIRE LEGAL, PC. Workplace Perspective Raising the Bar at Workplaces Everywhere!® and copyrights are proprietary. All Rights Reserved.