Today’s special guest is Shawn Burcham, Founder & CEO of Pro Food Systems, Inc. and the author of the Amazon Bestselling book Keeping Score with GRITT: Straight Talk Strategies for Success. SAFFIRE LEGAL PC’s founder and principal attorney Teresa McQueen talks with Shawn about the challenges in creating & operating a 100% employee owned business. This is an exciting episode with a dynamic entrepreneur who believes empowering employees to think and act like owners is a recipe for success.
Workplace Perspective is a regular podcast series for employers and employees focusing on education, training, and the law to help organizations of all sizes develop and maintain successful employer / employee relationships.
“The main job of a CEO or President is to share the vision.” – Shawn Burcham
Highlights From This Week’s Workplace Perspective:
- One of the biggest challenges in creating an ESOP is overcoming the mental hurdle of recognizing that creating an ESOP requires a loss of owner control.
- Creating an ESOP won’t change the company culture if you don’t communicate the reasons behind the decision and why its good for the employees.
- ESOP’s give everyone a stake in the success of the business and provides a great opportunity to make a commitment to the employees and the local community.
Shawn’s Tips for Employers and Employees
- Understand how your business – or the business you work for – operates.
- Make an effort to become financially literate to help understand how your actions impact the business.
- Become laser-focused on being self-aware of your strengths and weaknesses and focus on utilizing those strengths to become more successful.
- Focus on those around you – what are their strengths and motivators – focus on what drives these individuals to help you operate better as part of a team and to increase your overall chances for success.
Thank You To:
Additional Resources Mentioned During the Episode:
Special Thanks To…
(Engineer/Associate Producer Extraordinaire!)
Michele Hardy de Boisblanc
(Associate Producer Extraordinaire!)
(Composer Extraordinaire! Today’s episode features the song Grifter)
James Bohannan & The Knave At Knight
(DJs & “Radio Angels” Extraordinaire!)
Thank you for listening!
Don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE to the show (using the links above or below) to receive new episodes on your podcast player the second and fourth Wednesday of every month.
Raise The Bar At Workplaces Everywhere! by getting the word out about this podcast. Rate and review this show at Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher Radio, Google Play, Blubrry and Tunein and be sure to share this podcast with a friend.
Connect with us and reach out with any questions/concerns:
This podcast is for informational, educational, and entertainment purposes only. It is not to be construed as legal advice specific to your circumstances. If you need help with any legal matters, be sure to consult with an attorney regarding your specific needs.
© 2018 SAFFIRE LEGAL, PC. Workplace Perspective Raising the Bar at Workplaces Everywhere!® and copyrights are proprietary. All Rights Reserved.