Today’s special guest is Albert Eloyan, CEO of Surprise HR in San Francisco, CA. Surprise HR helps companies most effectively celebrate their values, wins, and their people. SAFFIRE LEGAL PC’s founder and principal attorney Teresa McQueen talks with Mr. Eloyan about the importance of engaging with employees in any business.
Workplace Perspective is a regular podcast series for employers and employees focusing on education, training, and the law to help organizations of all sizes develop and maintain successful employer / employee relationships.
“The modern company is a fascinating phenomenon…When you have that many people it creates its own microcosm.” – Albert Eloyan
Highlights From This Week’s Workplace Perspective:
- How employers see employee engagement vs. how employees feel about the engagement.
- The importance of the employee experience on the macro level.
- The benefits to having employees buy in to the mission and the goals of a particular company and assimilating into the individual culture of the business.
- How some companies can struggle to raise morale and how to overcome that.
- Engendering a culture of gratitude and innovation within companies so that it evolves with each generation that enters the workplace.
- Taking a closer look into the shift from authority based leadership paradigm toward a more crowd sourced and transparent environment.
- Understand that millennials and Gen Z grew up with high dopamine experiences and how to implement that drive into a business.
- Employee engagement isn’t necessarily based on how expensive the programs or initiatives are.
- How AI technology can learn from employees and become accurate in their predictions about matching up employees with recognition that’s impactful.
- Saying “Thanks” to coworkers and to employees has a long term benefit and helps encourages people to improve in their work.
Albert Eloyan’s Tips for Employers and Employees
- Employers should focus on their “why” and be authentic. Realize that employees can tell the difference when you contradict your stated values.
- Always celebrate. Always say thanks to your people. Always show appreciation intentionally.
Thank You To:
Special Thanks To…
(Engineer/Associate Producer Extraordinaire!)
Michele Hardy de Boisblanc
(Associate Producer Extraordinaire!)
(Composer Extraordinaire! Today’s episode features the song Grifter)
James Bohannan & The Knave At Knight
(DJs & “Radio Angels” Extraordinaire!)
Thank you for listening!
Don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE to the show (using the links above or below) to receive new episodes on your podcast player the second and fourth Wednesday of every month.
Raise The Bar At Workplaces Everywhere! by getting the word out about this podcast. Rate and review this show at Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher Radio, Google Play, Blubrry and Tunein and be sure to share this podcast with a friend.
Connect with me and reach out with any questions/concerns:
This podcast is for informational and educational purposes only. It is not to be construed as legal advice specific to your circumstances. If you need help with any legal matters, be sure to consult with an attorney regarding your specific needs.
© 2018 SAFFIRE LEGAL, PC. Workplace Perspective Raising the Bar at Workplaces Everywhere!® and copyrights are proprietary. All Rights Reserved.